Everyone has experienced some form of stress at one time or another, whether it be from work, family, school, or any other obligations life may throw. Many health experts recommend eating well, lots of sleep, and even mediation. For some of us, it’s hard to meditate in our own homes so we go else where. Even in finding a beautiful place, whether it be a yoga studio, a park, the beach, wherever, little factors can enhance or detract from a mediation experience. In floating, there is minimal distractions that can detract from meditation since the experience is in a completely dark, skin receptor neutral, sound proof tank.
Benefits of Flotation REST Therapy
- Detoxification/ pain management
- Epsom salt or magnesium sulfate is used by many holistic health advisors to help move lactic acid through your system. Lactic acid is produced in the body when you exercise and is what makes you feel sore after a workout.
- The serenity of complete silence and darkness is an experience that many people lack, due to street lights, phones, and other people. One hour in a float tank is like the equivalent of four hours of rest.
- Stress management tool
- According to a study conducted by Dirk van
- Potential to achieve Theta State of mind
- The brain operates on four levels, Beta, Alpha, Theta, and Delta. Beta being fully awake and alert, Alpha being relax and lucid, Theta being deep relaxation and meditation and Delta being completely asleep. Theta state is ideal for healing the body, whether it be psychological trama or physical aliments.
These are just some of the benefits floating can offer, personally I love trying to get a session in at least once a month to clear my mind and really get some rest in. Have you ever floated or are interested in floating? Plenty of people have fears of being in the dark, or not being able to float, but once your mind and body are acclimated to the environment, it can be a really relaxing experience where you can let go of any ego or troubles you may have.