We recently went on a trip to Target where I saw all these convenient toddler snacks in the baby food isle. I threw a bunch of them in our cart and just as we were about to check out I realized I had forgotten my wallet at home due to packing and unpacking our bags after house sitting. D left his wallet in the car and we had no problem leaving the items at customer service with the intention of going back.
Once we got back to the car I thought about it and I realized that I had ingredients at home to make some granola bars so this is what I came up with. Don’t worry Target, I’ll be back to actually purchase some things soon. 😇
Henry really enjoyed these and I love that I can just throw them in my purse before running out the door to work. For vegans you can substitute butter with cold pressed organic coconut oil. For peanut allergies you can substitute with almond butter.
1 1/2cups organic oats
1/2 cup organic crispy rice cereal ( used Nature’s Path pumpkin seed flax granola 🙈)
1/3 cup + 2 tbsp organic maple syrup
4tbsp grass fed butter
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup organic peanut butter
1/2 cup organic raisins
1/8 tbsp kosher sea salt
1. Mix oats, rice cereal and salt in a medium sized bowl.
2. Melt the butter in a small sauce pan and add the maple syrup.
3. Remove from heat and add vanilla extract.
4. Transfer oats & rice into a food processor if you have one. Pour liquid mixture over oats and rice. Mix until coated.
5. Add peanut butter and raisins. Blend on low until throughly combined.
6. In a parchment covered pan transfer mixture onto parchment.
7. Using a heat proof silicone spatula and clean hands, pack the mixture as tightly as possible.
8. Let cool and cut into bars.
9. Saran Wrap the bars and keep in fridge to firm up more.