Dustin calls this pink sauce since the cream makes it a very light red color. It is extremely simple to make and after making this for months, I can never go back to jar sauce.
1 tbsp grass-fed butter
4 garlic cloves minced
2 cans organic diced tomatoes pureed
2 tbsp white vinegar
2 tbsp organic raw sugar
1/4 tsp dried organic Italian seasoning
1/4 cup organic heavy whipping cream
salt and organic black pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a large pan.
- Add minced garlic cloves and cook on low-medium until fragrant and not burnt.
- Add cans of tomatoes I like to blend the whole sauce after it’s cooked but Dustin insists on pureeing the tomatoes before adding, them. Your choice.
- As the tomatoes get hot, add the vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper and Italian spices. It is important that the vinegar reduces before adding the cream, otherwise the sauce can taste off.
- Let it boil for a couple minutes then remove from heat and add cream.
- If for whatever reason your sauce isn’t thick, or you have substituted milk, or heaven forbid, skim milk, you can add a pinch or two of xanthan gum. This will thicken the sauce beautifully but make sure you ad sparingly as it can coagulate the sauce pretty quickly as it cools.